Billing Frequently Asked Questions
There are a number of separate charges associated with your surgical procedure. You MAY receive charges from several companies.
- Surgery Center at Chevy Chase– facility fee for your surgical procedure.
- Your surgeon’s office – his/her fee for performing your surgery.
- Anesthesiologist – his/her fee for anesthesia services for surgery. The billing number for the Anesthesia team is 844-344-6569.
- Radiology – services for x-ray, if required.
- Pathology – services for tissue specimens removed during surgery requiring further examination.
- Laboratory – services for laboratory tests run on specimens removed during surgery.
We accept all major credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and CareCredit. You are welcome to visit the CareCredit website at: www.carecredit.com to pre-apply for their services before your date of surgery. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT CHECKS, unless they are certified checks, or if the billing in question is for insurance cases.
We will bill you any balance due after your insurance company has paid your claim. There may be a delay if your insurance company has paid us incorrectly and we have re-submitted your claim for a corrected payment and allowance determination.
We do ask that all balances are paid in full the day of surgery. If you encounter problems paying, please contact our office immediately at 301-718-9800 and select Option 8 for the billing department.
Unless arrangements are made in advance, full payment is due the day of your surgery. Elective and cosmetic surgery procedures must be paid in full prior to your surgery date.
We will submit insurance claims for you. We may request that your deductible and copay amounts are paid on or before your date of surgery. You will receive a notice from us regarding the amount to pay.
If you anticipate difficulty in paying your bill within the 60 day period please let us know immediately.